Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Altec A7's on ebay

  1. #11
    Senior Hostboard Member Panomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2006
    Posts
    1,811
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7's on ebay

    Uhhh... wise man, OG.

  2. #12
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7's on ebay

    "...orignal Altex diaphragms for the compression drivers"

    Typos and misspellings are in general forgivable, but for 2500 anything, I'd at least want it proof-read.

    The savvy consumer of course will snap them up in a heartbeat though, to go with their gen-u-ine Rolecs watch.

  3. #13
    HB Super Moderator
    Altec A7's on ebay


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7's on ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSS View Post
    I'll gladly scan the original poop sheets which I still have if you like.

    Absolutely Ron, I would like to check those out for sure pretty cool. Disco Speakers it's funny to watch how adverts.follow the times, or the marketing, classic late seventies.

    One of the first things to do with these cabs is to remove that metal grill in front of the 416 that has got to resonate like crazy no matter how tight it is mounted.

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member aeyb701's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2006
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7's on ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSS View Post
    Actually, I bought a pair of A7's brand new in 1977 with the following: (These were called A7X models)
    416-8B, N1201-8A, 511-B horn with an 802-8G HF driver. I'll gladly scan the original poop sheets which I still have if you like.

    Ron
    I remember the "-X" version brochure from the Altec lit websites. What I meant was the older style 802 with the back cover having the raised lettering "Altec" doesn't jive with the n1201 xover-an anachronism. Should've been clearer.
    Jon A

  5. #15
    Hostboard Member lowpoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7's on ebay

    Forget the A7's, I want that Sansui BA-5000 in the shelf

  6. #16
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7's on ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Absolutely Ron, I would like to check those out for sure pretty cool. Disco Speakers it's funny to watch how adverts.follow the times, or the marketing, classic late seventies.

    One of the first things to do with these cabs is to remove that metal grill in front of the 416 that has got to resonate like crazy no matter how tight it is mounted.
    I'll have to dig them out.......and they don't refer to the components, just the speaker itself.

    Ron

  7. #17
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7's on ebay

    Ended two days early....

    Funny, just like that other pair from Melbourne...

    *Bets $100 that they'll be back*

  8. #18
    Inactive Member altec-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2008
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Altec A7's on ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by magnarc View Post
    *Bets $100 that they'll be back*
    I bet $200 they don't !!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.